APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Buy Now or Hold on ...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread


Mark Dobson
Re: Buy Now or Hold on ...
on Jul 19, 2013 at 6:09:23 am

If I was you I would try and hold on to make your decision.

Nobody knows how much the new MacPro is going to cost. My own feeling is that the entry level machine will be abut the same price as a high spec iMac.

It's not in Apples interest to only sell a few top end machines, this will be their flagship computer for many years to come and they will want to penetrate the dwindling workstation market.

As you already have a MacPro, that means you already have an external monitor, which is something that people will need to factor in to the equation.

Like Larry Jordon I bought a 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 and installed 32Gbs of Ram. I chose the 1Tb Hybrid drive and it is fabulous, really fast. Overal it is a great computer and it runs FCPX like a knife through butter. The only problems I have now are what might be termed operator errors.

Either of the computers will be a huge step change for you because they will enable you to access fast Thunderbolt storage which is half the battle.

If I was still in your position, as I was 6 months ago, I would wait because the opportunity to get an extremely forward looking MacPro would be irresistible.
I've started saving up for the new machine already and will have to work out whether to hang on to my iMac, sell it, or pass it on to a member of my family.

FCPX is being updated to take advantage of this new computer and it will be be in your local Apple store in just a few months now.


Posts IndexRead Thread 


Current Message Thread:





© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]