APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Buy Now or Hold on ...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rich Rumppe
Buy Now or Hold on ...
on Jul 18, 2013 at 10:08:12 pm

I've been using a Mac Pro with a quicker graphics card to edit in FCP 10.
Works, but not great..I have a few problems with some third party plug ins.....I know I need to buy a new computer.
The big question is should I buy a nicely tricked out IMac now, or hold of for the new whiz bang MacPro of the future,(shipping later this year).

I'm primarily a shooter, not a full time editor... I edit 6 or 10 projects over the year, and my clients are usually patient, so render times and slower encoding times are not usually a problem. But I have to get something...

I know that other professionals video guys, like Phillip Bloom and Larry Jordan both have IMac systems.
If it's ok for them, why not me?

New IMac machine now, or spend another $1000, to $1500 for the new Mac Pro later.

Any suggestions or thoughts...

Rich Rumppe

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 All Rights Reserved