APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: OT Logic gets its "X"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: OT Logic gets its "X"
on Jul 17, 2013 at 4:50:15 pm

Multichannel editing and output in Pr is extremely annoying to me.

i don't understand why if I have a track with one mono channel in it and twirl the track open to make adjustments, I have to look at all 7 blank channels if my timeline is set to an 8 channel output. And then if I need to monitor in stereo, I can't. If I create a stereo timeline, and need an 8 channel output, it's a lot of work, and by work I mean clicking. With all of Pr's great submix capability, I can't simply setup a send to a stereo mix down in a multichannel enviro. It hurts.

Roles is so much easier, as was FCP7 as I could choose to mix in 8 channel, monitor in stereo, and export whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. X follows that same method, albeit differently, and sometimes much more easily. If you don't deliver mutlichannel audio, then perhaps Roles might be "stupid" but if you do, then Roles makes things really simple and there's no track tetris needed before export.

A big missing piece for me is the visual organization of audio.

The tilde key was a big game changer for me, but I have been arguing for better audio component visual organization utilizing FCPX's current methodologies for a long time now. I'm sure something is coming. Audio has received decent attention since 10.0. Now with Logic X capabilities, I'm sure we will see some more.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]