APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: OT Logic gets its "X"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: OT Logic gets its "X"
on Jul 17, 2013 at 1:29:51 am

In my opinion, they aren't plain stupid, they are just under served.

I really like the freedom of no tracks. I don't have to think about it. Combined with the magnetism and connections, X is really right up my alley. Going back to tracks, Pr tracks in particular, is much harder and more creatively stifling.

What I do need, though, when it is time to get detailed, is better visual organization.

As with my things in X, the more you front load the organization, the faster it is in the end.

I assign prelim Roles after import. I wish I could do this during import, on components, too.

In track terms, this is almost pre determining how the multichannel will get patched and exported. I like it.

It is so easy to select a huge swath of clips and assign preliminary, but distinct audio Roles.

I also want each Audio Role to have its own area in the timeline, a target or zone, so that when I add a clip, the audio
goes in to those Zones.

I also like working with everything collapsed sometimes. It's clean and unobstrusive.

I just want to see the trackless vision carried out before reverting back to how every other NLE has operated since nearly the beginning of computer based editing.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]