APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: CC-CS6-X render comparisons

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: CC-CS6-X render comparisons
on Jul 15, 2013 at 10:13:06 pm

[Jason Van Patten] "Specifically the OP's machine specs. He's using a single 5870 card"

That's not exactly correct. I ran tests with BOTH an ATI 5870 AND an NVIDIA Quadro 4000. Only one card was installed at a time, but the PProCS6, PProCC and FCP X tests were run with each card.

FWIW - I was mainly interested in comparing CS6 to CC. The FCP X comparison was thrown in out of curiosity, since I have also found (and posted here) that I've had better render times with Motion than with AE on various types of similar compositions.

[Jason Van Patten] "His results are so good because he didn't transcode."

I tested only with ProRes, to keep the test a constant. I simply don't ever work natively with AVCHD, H.264, etc. if I can avoid it. So yes, that would affect performance.

It's also too much of a variable between Adobe and Apple, since each company has deemed to optimize their applications for different native codecs and wrappers. No way to control that. I would image that a test using only P2 AVC-Intra on a fast HP workstation and a fast NVIDIA card might yield results faster than X, too.

Again, not the original point of the test.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]