APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Wish list for 10.0.9

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb Sevush
Re: Wish list for 10.0.9
on Jul 10, 2013 at 9:10:28 pm

[Bret Williams] "Top of the list for me for substandard non professional editing tool would be the inability to edit multiple modern formats in the same timeline. "

Since nearly all of my work is in multicma mode, and nearly all of my source material is 1080P30 ProRes 422, I could give a rat's ass about multiple formats but poor multicam performance is a deal breaker. Apparently we all have different needs.

My reference to substandard was strictly to the multicam feature being discussed. For instance Edius looks like a great NLE to me and I would have jumped to it a year ago but it's multicam feature is substandard for complex work - ok for cutting a music video, or any other video that only requires simple angle switching, but not up to snuff for the kind of work I, and many other's do. This does not make Edius substandard, it makes this one tool in Edius substandard.

So now that I haven't mentioned your pet NLE and you don't have to go all defensive, do you get the distinction?

I had been led to believe X's multicam feature was very complete, so it surprised me that it didn't allow for all the basic match-back options a multicam feature should have.

As far as PPro goes, one of the new 25 features listed is the ability in multicam to match back to both multicam source and original clip, so it looks like they are catching up.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]