APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Promise Pegasus reliability issues...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret Williams
Re: Promise Pegasus reliability issues...
on Jul 9, 2013 at 7:03:36 pm

Exactly my setup. Except my chassis died before the warranty was up. They replaced without too much issue. But before and after the chasis issue I've noticed that my speeds kinda, well, suck. And they're not consistent.

The drive is only 25-30% full. It's the R4 8th raid 5. So it has 6 useable terabytes. Read speeds when I first got it were in the 400mb/sec range. Now, they range from 80-200. This is using the BMD speed test. I can get 179mb/sec out of a single USB 3 drive that isn't raided. In fact, I have a nextstar guardian maximus usb 3 that is a mirrored 3TB raid. So no speed gain over a single drive. It gets 179mb/sec. Why on earth would I choose the Pegasus raid over this if it's barely faster? Plus, a mirrored raid is the best backup you can have. I worry that I can't get the right drive to replace the pegasus hitachi ones if one breaks. And if two have a problem, you're sol. Thinking about clearing off the pegasus and restriping and see if the speeds come back.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]