APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Wish list for 10.0.9

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Re: Wish list for 10.0.9
on Jul 8, 2013 at 9:21:21 pm

My experience with FCPX has been almost flawless about stability issues or bug. Not that I haven't stepped into one or two weird behaviors any now and then, but nothing really boring. So what I'd like to see is:
- an option for trimming clips when duplicating a project for archive
- an option for selecting "original media only" when duplicating a project for archive so that I don't have to delete the transcoded ones from the current project or to delete them after the duplication.
- an option to name the clips on import with a name that is somehow meaningful. It's true that the actual naming discourages actions from the finder, but I wish I could name them so that I can easily recognize clips for use in other applications, so that the name stays with the original media, not only within the event browser.
- ability to fill notes and comments fields to multiple clips in the inspector that will be retained in the events browser.
- a "select forward" command, so that I can use the position tool to slide all the timeline forward without having to change the timeline zoom and select all the clips with the mouse.
- change the "scale" indication so that it reflects the actual size. If I put a large graphic onto a 1080 timeline, it will be adapted to fit and be shown as 100%, while it isn't. I'd rather have it shown as it really is, so that I know how much I'm pushing a zoom in.
- ability of disconnecting drives containing events from within FCPX
Maybe some of the features are already there and I just missed them, but some aren't for sure.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy
early 2008 MacPro, BM Intensity Pro, early 2008 iMac, 2011 MacBook Pro, FCP7, FCPX, OSX 10.8.3

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]