APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Wish list for 10.0.9

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Wish list for 10.0.9
on Jul 8, 2013 at 8:07:56 pm

[Bill Davis] "Yeah, it wojuld have sucked if Apple had actually made a dumb or non-functional product, but they certainly did not - I've NEVER failed of complete of deliver a project with it on-time.

I truly appreciate the guys like Jeremy who are still pushing for it's still developing capabilities to meet the needs of the complex and connected "shop" workflows that the commercial style users need - but unlike him, I haven't had a crash or slowup or lost keystroke in literally MONTHS."

I really really love a lot of what FCPX has to offer. I do not mind the concepts even though there is some limited capability, I do like where it seems to be heading. I don't mind not having tracks, I actually enjoy the magnetism, and of course it could all stand to use some fine tuning.

I also understand that even in this small shop, we push things around differently than some setups. That is to say, perhaps our setup is more "complex" than most, but it certainly isn't as complex as the big operations, hence the quotes. Our workflow setup was born out of necessity, so we need to operate in some sort of similar fashion. I'm not saying we have to work exactly like we do in FCP7, I am completely welcome to change, but the change needs to work reliably and so far, it's not quite reliable enough.

I haven't missed a delivery, but that is not necessarily a qualifier I use to judge an NLE, I expect that to be a given. If it's a professional NLE, of course you aren't going to miss a delivery, or maybe that's just my requirement.

I have lost exactly four Events since the beginning of FCPX. Most of the Events are lost have a decent amount of media, and they most almost often include synced clips. Synced clips seem to cause lots of slow downs and hang ups, but that is just my observation, perhaps that doesn't happen to everyone. I just want an update that inspires more confidence in stability.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]