APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Wish list for 10.0.9

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Wish list for 10.0.9
on Jul 8, 2013 at 5:32:23 pm

[Marcus Moore] "no matter how badly bungled the FCPX launch was,"

I'm still siding (I think) with Tim Wilson on this one.

I don't think it was "bungled" in any meaningful way shape or form. X was NEVER going to satisfy the legions who were wedded at their DNA to the FCP-Legacy experience.

They simply HAD to let the adolescent software into the market so that it's "trial by fire" could begin.

In hindsight, the process simply divided the editing community into two camps. Those who let their emotional reactions delay (or even terminate) their exploration or use of the software - and those who were interested enough to continue to look into it and discover it's potential for value.

Those of us who liked it from day one - now have an nearly 2 year jump on those who ignored it. I love that.

Yeah, it wojuld have sucked if Apple had actually made a dumb or non-functional product, but they certainly did not - I've NEVER failed of complete of deliver a project with it on-time.

I truly appreciate the guys like Jeremy who are still pushing for it's still developing capabilities to meet the needs of the complex and connected "shop" workflows that the commercial style users need - but unlike him, I haven't had a crash or slowup or lost keystroke in literally MONTHS.

So it's certainly a YMMV deal.

FWIW.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]