APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Wish list for 10.0.9

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marcus Moore
Re: Wish list for 10.0.9
on Jul 8, 2013 at 4:01:39 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Timeline scrub bar under each window, especially when Event Viewer is open."

I've read this a few times and I wonder about how it mucks with the existing UI.

Right now, skimming clips occurs whenever you mouse over them passively- and that clip shows up in your Viewer (or Event Viewer) window automatically. No clicking required.

The action your describing would necessitate having to actively click on a clip (or double click ala Legacy FCP) to "load it" in the Event Viewer. So is this clip then "locked" in the Event Viewer until you disengage it? Otherwise as you move your mouse from the clip in the Event Browser over to the Event Viewer, you're sure to pass over other clips- what happens? Is skimming disabled until you release the active clip in the Event Viewer? As I said I think it poses some UI problems.

If I need to quickly get a longer filmstrip of a clip, I click on the clip in the event viewer and use CMD+OPT+2 to jump to the list view which gives me the longer filmstrip, then I just use CMD+OPT+1 to jump back to thumbnails when I'm done.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]