APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: L.A. Freelancers, Learning FCP X might be a good idea...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb Sevush
Re: L.A. Freelancers, Learning FCP X might be a good idea...
on Jul 1, 2013 at 4:57:59 pm

[Bill Davis] "What's the possible use of openly touting the value of a tool offered by a leading company as their roadmap to the future of editing - when it's so much more useful to keep promoting one that's been formally discontinued and has no future ahead of it."

I wasn't touting anything Bill. I merely said that anyone editing on any decent NLE will always be learning something new, and your continued instance that this is somehow unique to X betrays your lack of experience editing with other NLE's.

So often what you find amazing with X is something replicated in any number of other NLEs. This does not diminish X, it merely places it in context.

What I was trying to do was admonish you, but somehow you have so fused the two entities that any criticism of X becomes a criticism of you and any criticism of you becomes a criticism of X.

I assure you, this is not the case.

[Bill Davis] "Legacy is comfortable for YOU - so you're willing to overlook that it's dead software walking. And apparently promote it as a better tools than X, even tho anyone who follows that path will be losing ground almost daily in not adapting to where the industry is moving... But defending on-going Legacy dependence as a viable strategy - is a way less than a marginal call in my estimation. But keep doing it if you must."

At the moment I must, but I do not overlook the fact that FCP is dead software, which is why I will be using something else by next year. I was hoping to switch this year but there were too many unknowns for my comfort. Time, and Adobe, are now making the decision easier.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]