APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Avid Media Composer 7 out - anyone excited?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Conlee
Re: Avid Media Composer 7 out - anyone excited?
on Jul 1, 2013 at 12:19:51 am

I suppose so, but so rarely do I simply want to trim one side of a cut away from the seam, so I've locked R and RR into my mind to get me into a useful trim mode anyway.

I did program trim to tail and trim to head onto my FCP keyboard which is pretty much analogous to Avid's Top/Tail commands. That's pretty great.

I also programmed extend edit onto my FCP keyboard to emulate one of my favorite Avid shortcuts.

Coming from Avid I'm a keyboard guy; I prefer to press a key than wear my wrist out mousing around and pressing tools clear off to the side of my timeline. I guess what I'm saying is, I feel like I have to touch a key in either to get it into a mode I actually would USE, so I still don't see much difference.

And that's not in defense of either, as they seem pretty much identical once I have my keyboard shortcuts programmed. I can even make FCP trim pretty much like Avid. Although, as you mentioned, Avid does have a few particularly nice tricks up its sleeves (try option-clicking the trim tool after completing a complicated asyncronous trim sometime...)

Chris

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]