APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Avid Media Composer 7 out - anyone excited?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Conlee
Re: Avid Media Composer 7 out - anyone excited?
on Jun 30, 2013 at 11:38:54 pm

[Chris Harlan] " The mode to mode thing used to bug me, too; but when I got a little more simpatico with the software, it disappeared as an issue. You begin to understand that it is there so that you can operate more efficiently in the mode you happen to be in. It also has become so easy to cross between them, mouse-wise, that I don't think about it much."

Perhaps because I've used Media Composer from the beginning, I've never for the life of me understood what people are talking about when they mention these mythical "modes" that supposedly don't exist in other packages. I've asked, and nobody can explain it to me either.

MC is my tool of choice, and to the OP, yes, I'm very excited by MC7. Background render and waveform cache alone made it a must-buy for me. But lately I've been doing a lot of feature work in FCP 7, and while I've grown accustomed to it (this is my 4th feature edit for a company whose workflow revolves around it), and actually like it for some things, I still have to go into a "mode" to edit effects in it too. What am I missing here, folks? Whether I have to click a tab (FCP) or press a key (MD) to open the effect editor, to me doesn't make a difference. Both still effect editing modes.

Confounded.

Chris

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]