APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Technicolor drop Colour Assist

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Dobson
Re: Technicolor drop Colour Assist
on Jun 29, 2013 at 8:34:40 am

I bought the Color Assist app when it was launched, had problems with it in relation to it not working with both FCP7 and FCPX. I asked for a refund and was persuaded to wait for the next update as this resolved that problem.

The customer support has been really good, personable and very responsive.

On hearing the news from them about Color Assist being EOL'd I've been offered a full refund so I really can't fault them.

They have been open and communicative and have obviously encountered either poor trading results or technical problems with the new version of FCPX being prepared at the moment.

I'm sorry this product is being discontinued, it had a lot of potential which I had hoped would have been developed as time went on.

For me some the fundamental downsides were that, like Magic Bullet Looks, it took you on a roundtrip outside of FCPX and that the monitor window inside of the app did not match the definition or color space of the FCX windows. However the inclusion of both color wheels together with the ability to create custom log curve adjustments offered a lot of potential for users like me who capture with Canon C Log.

So I wish good luck to the development team at Technicolor and look forward to seeing what they develop in the future.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]