APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Avid Media Composer 7 Question?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Charlie Austin
Re: Avid Media Composer 7 Question?
on Jun 28, 2013 at 7:20:37 pm

So, I posted this on the Avid forum... no response, so I thought thought I'd try here on the "whatever you want to babble about" forum... Been running MC at home with local storage, but I want to mess with it at work now, so...

So... I've got FCP X, FCP 7, and Pr CC all running at work using shared media. Media is on plain old GB enet OS X server shared drives. Mount the drives, everyone works and is happy. Now i'd like to get MC to use the same media (I use MC at home but the media is locally connected) So uh... can i do this without jumping through hoops? I don't want to move or do anything to the shared media to break our workflow... TIA!

I've got a project imported as from an AAF, sequence opens fine but media is offline. Set the "alldrives" command in the console and the relink pane sees the drives, but it won't relink. I don't get the whole AMA thing, so maybe someone can step through it? Or will it not work with what I'm trying to do? And when I import a file it still wants to copy it to my local drive. I thought this wasn't necessary anymore...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]