APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Does "FCPX or Not" really boil down to "AE or Not?"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Shamwell
Re: Does "FCPX or Not" really boil down to "AE or Not?"
on Jun 27, 2013 at 6:56:38 am

I will tell you that I never use AE! FCPX's third party FX Plug-Ins have become very robust and extremely time saving....seriously!!!! Everything from Color Grading to motion tracking HUB Effects to Dead Pixel removal!
When FCPX first came out, I made the silly mistake of reading and taking for granted what everyone was saying. Sure 10.0.1 was buggy as hell, but boy did I love being able to preview pretty much everything and not have to guess if that was the filter or effect I wanted in FCP7!!
I hated, you hear me....hated the magnetic timeline!! But I have to give Apple Credit because the updates just kept on coming, and things got better! Especially the simple task of moving and deleting connected clips without other clips disappearing and upsetting everything! I can move stuff all over the timeline without worrying about synching or timing. This is very helpful when you want to see how a different "structure" would work.
If i were you my friend, I would seriously re-think your move back to Windows. With so many Plug-Ins built just for FCPX, (thanks to Apple for making Motion open to developers) its an untouchable NLE. And to add to my very first statement....I never use Motion either!! With the right Plug-Ins for the job at hand, FCPX is truly a stand alone editor where just about anything can be done, without ever leaving it! Yes I know its not for everyone, but even if you use anything else, its worth having around and knowing how to use it.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]