APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Does "FCPX or Not" really boil down to "AE or Not?"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Petros Kolyvas
Re: Does "FCPX or Not" really boil down to "AE or Not?"
on Jun 26, 2013 at 3:40:15 pm

I'd say the learning curve is steeper - but like a lot of software once you get the core concepts it begins to move more quickly - I'm still a novice myself.

As far as integration goes, I'm not sure what you mean. It integrates no differently than AE would in an FCPX workflow. Give it the clips you want to work on, export clips, import them into FCPX. My experience with FCPX is, to be fair at this point, limited - I'm starting two real projects on it shortly after having completed only very small jobs using it along side PrPro CS6.

As far as Nuke is concerned the main difference would be Nuke is a compositor first and foremost (and is rather, ahem, pricey) and Blender is a 3D package first and foremost but seems to be developing some very good compositing infrastructure.

My early opinion (still being formed) is that while there 3rd party support for AE is widespread, the (familiar from my Shake days) node-based interface of Blender makes completing some compositing tasks dramatically simplified.

I don't think there's a "better than other" option in the end, just a solution that's right for each of us.

I do think as FCPX and CC debacles have proved, there's a growing interest in community driven software solutions like Blender, even if some features end up feeling a bit like they were designed by "committee."

--
There is no intuitive interface, not even the nipple. It's all learned. - Bruce Ediger

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]