APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Does "FCPX or Not" really boil down to "AE or Not?"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Sandeep Sajeev
Re: Does "FCPX or Not" really boil down to "AE or Not?"
on Jun 23, 2013 at 2:51:49 pm

If you don't plan on doing really complex comps then you should consider Smoke. Personally I feel that FCPX, Motion, Smoke and Resolve is a really good end to end package for offline and online. I consider 3D to be separate from this process.

So with this setup you have access to good Keying tools (Motion has a fantastic Keyer, even better than Smoke's Master Keyer which is no slouch), Titles, Tracking, Stabilization, basic Roto, Camera Projection, Particles, Paint, and node based 3D Compositing within Smoke.

Motion is already amazing. I was blown away when I gave it another look a couple of months ago, and I now use it exclusively for Titling and it's Particle System is fantastic - and it complements Smoke really well, since it doesn't have one.

Nuke is great - but if you're more focused on editorial then I feel that Smoke+Motion is a better fit. If however, you plan on doing hardcore comping, then you should probably go with Nuke.

Best,
Sandeep.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]