APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: About the new Mac Pro-X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jamie Franklin
Re: About the new Mac Pro-X
on Jun 13, 2013 at 12:05:08 am

[Nikolas Bäurle] "small doesn't make it mini"

Its always the small ones that get so defensive :P

I meant it as a self contained parking lot like the mini. The comparison is fair.

[Nikolas Bäurle] "It looks cool and its looks like it will be very fast and next year even faster, what more do we need?"

Who is that for? The businessman? Looking cool is still in? Being fast is everything? Not sure if you heard, a lot of post facilities were doing big layoffs and vfx houses at the oscars had some words buzzing around...like "bankruptcy". For an industry on the ropes, on a rollarcoaster of retooling, sacrificing and repackaging costs, it sure would be a peculiar decision to buy what looks "cool" and what's fast without any other consideration.

[Nikolas Bäurle] "My G5 still works, one of the places I work for still uses Legacy on their 12 Core MacPros. Why should the new MacPro integrate anything from older workflows? I don't see the point."

I don't see your point. FCP cut very deep in the industry, which is why this self contained parking lot is a very puzzling move. As is the Server EOL. But I don't know much, I just work in a post facility with 14 MPROS ;)

[Nikolas Bäurle] "As far as I remember DaVinci Resolve used to be this huge machine thing, pretty expensive. Even if the new MacPro turns out more expensive, I can get Resolve for free, or 1000 bucks for the full package."

So was color. So was Avid...we can shine many lights on examples here that have nothing to really do with anything. Because these systems were more expensive the criticisms on this new rig and how they will incorporate in current workflows are automatically invalid?

It's a discussion, not a black and white issue.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]