APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: What's the best graphics card for Mac Pro?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ray Dove Choi
Re: What's the best graphics card for Mac Pro?
on Jun 12, 2013 at 9:12:00 am

Hi thanks for your reply here,

I really need a card that supports 3 monitor display, 2 x 27" and a 24" vertically, that's is what I want to set up, I do mainly audio studff in Cubase 7, Logic Pro 9, I also occasionally do photoshop work for Logo's Flyers design. For photos I use RAW sometimes, that's 20% of my pictures i work with, most family pictures are iphone 5 and small canon digital cam. I don't play games on my computer, it is only for work.

I have an upgraded MacPro 2009, to a 5.1 Mac Pro Hex-Core 3.33Ghz - 32GB RAM, but I still have a GeForce GT120. I am thinking of simply saving up a few more months and just get a Radeon 7950 similar (well as close as possible) to the Mac Edition, so I can flash it easily. because it is just to complicated for someone like me to try and save money and get say a 7850, and will probably run into loads of problem flasing it, getting the right ROM EFI, etc...

If you have a good thread where I can read and learn how to choose a card, and then build a custom ROM EFI and flash it, I would love to read and learn, please let me know what you think of my choice. (i would have prefered putting much less money for a 7770 maybe, cos they already support 3 monitors, but I am not good enough to get this to work on a mac probabaly)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]