APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Grant Petty on the new MP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb Sevush
Re: Grant Petty on the new MP
on Jun 11, 2013 at 1:54:51 am

[Sandeep Sajeev] "Can you expand on why you feel this MacPro isn't going to work for you?"

I have no idea yet whether this will work for me or not. I won't know till I see prices and configurations. It is not the machine I wish they had designed, however it's much better than the MacPro I currently have. I'm very used to not getting what I want and then working with what's left, so I wouldn't be surprised to find me owning one of these and cutting with X if it's the best choice by next spring. I'll be pissing and moaning the whole way, but then I always have.

[Sandeep Sajeev] " I seem to remember from one of your posts way back that the main issue that you had with FCPX was the lack of Timecode overlays and Sync Markers, but i also remember thinking that the whole Multicam implementation would really be beneficial for your workflow. I cannot imagine that those 2 issues won't be fixed in the next number release - especially since the new MacPro seems to be far more focused than the iMac."

As far as I can tell FCPX has the best multicam implementation available at the moment. On the other hand I'm not as sure as you that X will ever come up with Sync Markers and a suitable Timecode overlay system because it flies in the face of their overall concept of what editing should be - part of which is the whole notion of keeping your audio connected to your video so that newbies won't loose sync. It's something I can work around; again, few systems are perfect - I never thought Legacy was, that's for sure. It was simply the best available at the time.

[Sandeep Sajeev] " I just realized that the Julia Child show was yours, and as it was one of my mothers favorite shows, I saw a LOT of episodes growing up :)"

I only worked on the later Julia Child shows from the '90s, grey as I am I was not working on the original shows back in the 60's and 70's. It was one of my life's great pleasures to work with her when I did, and I'm glad your mother enjoy'ed them.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]