APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: So there you have it

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: So there you have it
on Jun 11, 2013 at 12:16:53 am

Uh,

Just to set the record straight, the first, like, 40 posts were all about how terrible all the new announcments are.

And you do understand that nobody outside a few truly "connected" folk like Grant at BMD had even a breath of experience with it IRL.

So I'm not sure how you define "hostile nonsense" - and who you think the "haters" are - but at least try to get the basic english language definitions sorted out.

If you want to hate on the "proposed" new R2D-X edit systems (couldn't resist, John was right, it DOES look a little like everybody's favorite robot since Robbie!) - go right ahead.

But please post some reasoning about why you think Apple has blown it. The vast majority of stuff I read this morning at first blush was woefully unimpressive. It seemed to be people trying desperately to be first to trash the specifications as if they had some clue about what this particular personal computer requires in order to do the tasks it appears to have been specifically designed to do.

Essentially, saying that if it's not THE fastest off the line, it's worthless.

But nobody takes a dragster to a road race. So why, exactly is 12 CPU cores not enough? And I don't really care if it's not optimal for my friend Phil's 3d work. Because hardly ANY editors I know do 3D work even remotely like what he does.

So the actual point is that without reasoning to back up the early invective - it's kinda just weak gas fouling everyone's space, IMO.

My 2 cents. Feel free to disagree.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]