APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Grant Petty on the new MP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Grant Petty on the new MP
on Jun 10, 2013 at 11:43:46 pm

Glad you're joining in the global "X-rocks" celebration today, A!

After all, I know that if Apple had announced today that they were dropping X because they'd "lost" the pro editing community and just wanted to focus on making even more iPads (as many here have suggested at various times!) - you would be the first person to welcome me to the hall of tears for comfort and solace.

Today was a pretty great day for us FCP-X "investors."

Not all of our days will be as nice as this one. So I'm simply going to enjoy it.

And yes, I know this isn't the be all and end all of editing for EVER!

It's just what it is. The day Apple stood up and announced what looks to be superb new tools for guys exactly like me. The guys who just want fast tools that work well with excellent software at a price I can afford to pay and that let me concentrate more on my editing - than trying to be a editor/system integrator.

I know many here don't believe Apple "gets" them. But Apple "gets" editors like me in spades.

They proved it to me this morning.

I have to compete in the open market with my tools and abilities. After today - I can see another long stretch of years where I can face my competition and simply say "bring it." My competitors may toast me, but only because they're honestly better than me. And that's fair. At least it won't be because they have a better box or better software and I can't keep up.

Fair playing field.

Today was a good day.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]