APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: apple patents keyframing.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Eaks
Re: apple patents keyframing.
on Jun 9, 2013 at 8:43:30 pm

I want to patent "patent trolling" and start suing the patent trolls for infringing on my patent. LOL

Like Andy said, its manipulation, not the idea of keyframes in general. Anyway, I also see that a lot of this keyframe manipulation patent is very similar to what is currently in FCPX. I Hope we will see some improvements to keyframing soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple has seriously hobbled features because they must "own" the method they "invented" before ever announcing its existence.

I actually like where FCPX is going with keyframing. I'd like to see a "half-collapsed" keyframe editor view, that only shows attributes that have keyframes applied. Sometimes the stack gets way too tall, especially with more than one clips keyframes expanded. Also, if any keyframe is beyond the I/O points of a clip, it would be great if just that parameters "track" would visibly extend to the keyframes position so you could easily grab and move it.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]