APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why subscriptions are bad for Adobe

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andy Neil
Re: Why subscriptions are bad for Adobe
on Jun 1, 2013 at 5:32:33 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "If Adobe doesn't offer compelling reasons to keep using Adobe software people will find other options."

Like what exactly? If you rely on After Effects and Illustrator for your work, what exactly "other options" are you going to move to? With the previous model, you could subsist on a version until you could afford an upgrade. Now you are forced into the upgrade, or forced into obsolescence.

When Avid facilities moved to FCP Legacy, it was already a maturing application. What are the illustrator and After Effects equivalents?

As I said before, I think this cloud model will produce competitors, but only because their upsetting the entire ecosystem which before was content to always use CS products for design and graphics. I just don't know personally of any comparable Illustrator competitors. You could make an argument for Motion as a competitor to After Effects, but we all know that Motion only covers a portion of what After Effects does. So where do the people who've so completely relied on CS products go?

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]