APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: OT: Converting 29.97 to 24p? And the repercussions of doing so?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Neil Goodman
Re: OT: Converting 29.97 to 24p? And the repercussions of doing so?
on May 25, 2013 at 6:33:26 am

[Lance Bachelder] "Have you tried setting up a 23.976 Avid project and bringing in the 29.97 footage as is into a sequence? The Avid can probably do as good a job as anything else at pulling it down?
"

Thanks for the help everyone! Luckily its memorial day weekend and I dont have to deal with this until Tuesday. Also if i had the authority to fire anyone. TRUST ME! lol

This was my first thought, but then will i have to abandon multicam? Theres two 35 minute interviews that will probably ending up being less than 3 minutes, and 2 demos ranging in at 10 minutes a piece. Sounds like a nightmare to do w/o multicam but yea i guess its doable. Also will i have to abandon the offline workflow too? The show eventually goes to Davinci as well, the more i think about the more i hate this situation.

I will also try Compressor to convert a few takes with Jeremy's suggestions, see if the external sound will link up, This way ill still be able post the show the way im accustomed too. If it doesnt pass at the end of the day its not on me but id like to do everything i can to help the sitch. Thanks again, ill post my results, good or bad. If not, ill reccomend the Teranex.

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - The Esquire Network - NBC/Uni

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]