APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

OT: Converting 29.97 to 24p? And the repercussions of doing so?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Neil Goodman
OT: Converting 29.97 to 24p? And the repercussions of doing so?
on May 24, 2013 at 10:23:26 pm

Hello, not necessarily an NLE specific question but you guys all know your stuff here and is the best resource on the net imo.

I have just received two Ep's of a show. Normally these are 2 camera shoots, 5D's both at 23.976. Audio recorded at 23.976 as well from an external recorder. Some multicam involved for interviews, etc. Some scenes are single cam. Also its an offline workflow using MEdia Composer to DNX36 where i then link picture lock to the original h264s and transcode again to 175.

These two episodes the ACAM was at 29.97 and the BCAM and Audio are both running 23.976. What are my options here?

I tried just out of sure panic to convert a take of the acam using mpeg streamclip to 23.976 but the audio wouldnt sync no matter how i tried, even pluraleyes failed, and there was a noticeable strobe in the footage.

Am i (or production more-so) screwed, or is there something we can do besides reshoot? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - The Esquire Network - NBC/Uni

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]