APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is bootlegging really so bad?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Clint Wardlow
Re: Is bootlegging really so bad?
on May 9, 2013 at 7:14:54 pm

I suspect I am older than you. And in terms of copyright law...I think militant observation to the degree it exists is relatively new. When I was a younger, during the heyday of affordable audio tape machines, folks thought nothing of copying a friends albums to cassette or making mix tapes.

Technically such activities were illegal, but it was only when commercial ventures used such did the lawyers step in. (It was amazing how hardcore Mattel came down on "the Karen Carpenter Story" and the artist who was making the "trailer-trash" Barbie Dolls.)Also during the early days of consumer videotape, the big guys did introduce macrovision to prevent folks from making copies of the movies they purchased.

In a lot of ways, with the birth of disk software, folks didn't really give much thought to making copies for friends. I think it is in the last decade with the computer generation and the ease in which one can provide such things that folks started really looking at it.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]