APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is bootlegging really so bad?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gary Huff
Re: Is bootlegging really so bad?
on May 8, 2013 at 11:59:37 pm

[Andy Field] "But I simply don't understand creative professionals justifying this."

Because unless you want "creative professionals" to only stem from people with money, then you have to understand that sometimes it's a way for people who cannot otherwise afford it or have an opportunity to work with the software, to obtain it and learn on it for longer than 30 days.

I would say that there are plenty who can say, "Yes, my first experience with X software was a pirated version, which I have now used for X number of years that I've been a paying customer."

I simply see nothing morally or ethnically wrong with that at all.

And, BTW, as I pointed out before, simply being a hardliner against copyright infringement is not going to stop a single person from infringing on my work. I've come to terms with it, because otherwise it's something I can't do anything about other than worry. Why waste my time worrying about something I am powerless to prevent?

[Andy Field] "(the rationalization "I was using it to learn on and never did any paid for work or created something of value with it"....may fall into fair use....the lawyers will have to weigh in on that)"

Yeah, it doesn't fall into that.

Someone cracking Adobe Creative Cloud is committing copyright infringement since they are primarily doing it to use software they aren't paying for, but if their crack saves your ass when your legitimate copy fails authentication for some reason, does that make it so bad?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]