APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is bootlegging really so bad?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gary Huff
Re: Is bootlegging really so bad?
on May 8, 2013 at 11:16:28 pm

[Andy Field] "How on earth is using software you did not pay for, created by people who spent years creating,"

And who got paid a salary for every one of those years.

Again, I'm trying to avoid the b.s. by people who haven't seemed to think this issue through. You want to argue a completely different question then what was asked, which was "Is it really so bad?"

Adobe has been a profitable company throughout the period where their software was one of the most pirated in the world. The people who did the direct work of creating this software all got paid on salary, which was not directly tied to any amount of copies that were sold.

Exactly how bad is it? I don't care if you have a problem with it. I'm not saying that it's right or should be legal or whatever. But the fact remains that people pirate, have pirated, and will pirate, and our response to these thought-exercises should be to look at things as they are, and not just offer some knee-jerk robotic response of "Copyright infringement is stealing and stealing is bad and you should feel bad."

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]