APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Is bootlegging really so bad?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Is bootlegging really so bad?
on May 8, 2013 at 9:17:50 pm

OK - here's where it hurts me, the freelancer, owner of my own business. I have the expenses of hardware, electricity to power the hardware, property taxes to have a place of business, education and experience, and a lot of software (CS6 Master Collection, many plugins, 3ds Max, and a bunch of other business and animation software which I purchase). I charge an hourly fee based loosely on what it costs me to get up and running daily, plus a bit of profit (sometimes).

The pimple nosed kid down the block finds the ten thousand plus software on a torrents sites, uses his parents computers, and opens for business, touting himself as an editor, cinematographer, and animator, selling his services for 10 bucks an hour, and bringing in work from companies who don't know the difference it makes working with experienced people, or don't care, as long as they have something to put on their website. What I charge a real price for, he sells for soda and candy bar money...

How does that hurt me. You figure it out...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]