APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: One Year Later, what do pro/broadcast FCPX users say about jumping from FCS3/ FCP7 to FCPX now?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Lehmann
Re: One Year Later, what do pro/broadcast FCPX users say about jumping from FCS3/ FCP7 to FCPX now?
on May 8, 2013 at 8:11:17 pm

Reading the responses in this thread makes me wonder why many video pros I talk to still scrunch up their face at any mention of FCPX. I was talking to some video guys at a conference a few weeks back and mentioned I cut the videos for the conference on FCPX. They scoffed at this and said they would never touch it because they knew it was "complete crap", "iMovie Pro" and "a toy". Why is this attitude still so prevalent, and what has to change for people to change their knee-jerk reaction to it's initial release?

I'm a convert from FCP7 and I love the X workflow once it clicked with me. The biggest benefit, as others have said, is that you can accomplish the same things you could in other programs in half the time. Especially for fast-turnaround stuff like news and broadcast this is a massive advantage!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]