APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Premiere Pro CC it is then?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Vaughan
Re: Premiere Pro CC it is then?
on May 7, 2013 at 11:09:00 am

[Bret Williams] "Well, they didn't raise it this year. Why raise it next year? I've been paying $29/mo for a year now and am perfectly happy to pay $49/mo this coming year."

Well, right now they want everyone singing the AdoGreed praises. Imagine if they doubled the price on existing customers at this point when they are trying to convince the rest of the world this is going to be great for them? Yes, the master collection is higher priced than production premium. However, I currently only need production premium. So why should I now have to pay double (after the introductory period, of course) for programs that will sit unused? And second, what's to stop them from deciding the price should be $100 per month? Or more? Why, in a month, that's a very little purchase! Heck, it's less than a tank of gas for a Suburban.
Up til now, you have had options. You could upgrade or you can choose to stay with your current version. You own that version, and maybe the upgrade isn't worth it, or times are a little tight. Heck, I'm still using a very functional 2008 Mac Pro desktop. I know lot's of others who are on previous version of different software and platforms because it works for them. The absolute reality is after you stop paying, you stop being able to access your work. And that's not how it should ever be.

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]