APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Premiere Pro CC it is then?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Premiere Pro CC it is then?
on May 7, 2013 at 3:24:22 am

[Herb Sevush] "I'm nor OK with being an after thought. For years PPro languished without much attention, until Apple gave them this opportunity. With their corporate orientation on Design, I can easily see them letting the NLE side slide after this initial burst of energy if the market doesn't go their way. In the same way that i am uncomfortable dealing with Apple because of the tiny market we represent to them, I am wary of being a second fiddle in the Adobe universe."

FCP Legend was never first chair at Apple. An argument could be made that MC was first chair at Avid yet that didn't stop it from stagnating once they felt they had the keys to the kingdom. I know you are interested in Lightworks (as am I) but I doubt it is ever going to be the go to product for EditShare. Pr will probably never be first chair at Adobe but as long as these companies make compelling NLEs what does it matter if said NLE's are the #1 priority? Even for more editing-centric companies there's no guarantee they won't go out of business, be acquired or just lose their touch.

I guess in the case of least worst, I don't see Pr being a significantly worse risk than Avid or Apple over the next few years. If anything I think Pr has the most to prove and least to lose which is added motivation to press forward hard and fast.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]