APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Premiere Pro CC it is then?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb Sevush
Re: Premiere Pro CC it is then?
on May 7, 2013 at 2:03:34 am

[Walter Soyka] "Many here are looking at this from a pricing and control standpoint (with pitchforks and torches in hand), thinking it's just a new way to pay for the same kind of software they've always "owned" outright, but Adobe's creative vision published above also suggests a lot more to come in the way of interconnectedness and integration between products and services.

I think it's a big, bold idea with a lot of promise, much like Creative Suite was almost ten years ago.

Maybe it's not right for everyone..."

Walter it's a lovely manifesto and it might even make sense for those heavily involved with Illustrator and a lot of their design applications, but for a video editor interested in PPro, AE and Audition non of this "style synchronicity" matters, it wouldn't apply to me at all.

What this does demonstrate, once again, is how little Adobe cares about being a leader in video editing. This was always my problem with them as a company, but it seemed like they had responded to the opening given to them by Apple and were determined to make PPro the pre-eminent NLE, not just the little brother to their design applications. Apparently this was never really in their corporate nature.

So now we all know that whatever improvements Adobe may make to PPro they will always see it as a part, and not the leading part, of their design business, which means that when push comes to shove the interests of video editors will come behind the interests of designers and mograph artists. This doesn't mean it's not worth considering, but this is the perspective that it should be seen from.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]