APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Premiere Pro CC it is then?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret Williams
Re: Premiere Pro CC it is then?
on May 6, 2013 at 11:15:24 pm

Clients aren't worried about it. We shouldn't either. I mean, beyond a very short period, I don't think clients can count on much. They can't even count on us still being in business, or still living here, or being alive for that matter. They know technology changes. They won't be surprised if they come back in a few years and say can we reedit that show and we say wow, not directly because the software we used doesn't function on the latest systems we've upgraded to. Sure it's nice if we're still in business and can reedit, but they know the risks.

Now, if a client is paying for storage or has some long term contract with us, then that's different. But in my world it's a project deal. If they want to take and store all the source files I encourage it. I keep a copy of the master and the project files, but not the media. But I can't guarantee my house won't burn down, get robbed or flood.

Tech changes, companies go out of business. It's just the way it is. No guarantees beyond the immediate present.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]