APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Premiere Pro CC it is then?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Premiere Pro CC it is then?
on May 6, 2013 at 10:21:42 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "It's not about the money, but it's about the money."

Naw, it's also about company focus as many here have long argued. The spin has long been that "Apple doesn't care about the pro video user any more."

Not to play the Ancient Roman Auger trying to read the signs of the Gods pleasure or displeasure in the entrails of birds or anything... but I just read through the entire set of press releases issued today by Adobe.

And it did strike me that the term Premier wasn't even used until about 75% of the way down the copy.

If Apple deserves the rap as an "iDevices" company that sorta also does video - then judged by the emphasis in today's announcements, it's fair to think that maybe Adobe sees itself as mostly a "picture and printing" company" that sorta also cares about video. Sure it's an important part of their business, but it's doesn't exactly appear to be seen inside Adobe HQ as equal in importance to Photoshop or even their Digital Type Foundry stuff which got much stronger play early in the releases.

Probably doesn't mean anything. But it's one small thing I noticed in the press release mix.

FWIW

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]