APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Premiere Pro CC it is then?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Premiere Pro CC it is then?
on May 6, 2013 at 7:58:21 pm

[Walter Soyka] "If Adobe is able to profitably raise Creative Cloud to a price where I can't profitably afford to use it, I am running my business wrong.
"

Having videotaped and sat through quite a few "efficient assortment" seminars for major retailers - I can tell you that there will be folks at Adobe looking at the optimum price point - and they will work like mad to make that price the exact number where lowering it by a percent will have more negative effect on bottom line sales than by raising it the same amount.

So the question is how many people are in the "price sensitive" group - compared to how many people are in the "price is secondary to features and utility" camps.

If part of this move is Adobe re-focusing on "facility level" players - the economics favor the latter camp and subscription prices will likely be forced higher spreading more of the cost over fewer seats.

With a subscription model the buying decision is ongoing - so the customer faces that decision over and over. Which is, to my thinking, less an "individual friendly" pricing model.

I wonder if Adobe is moving now partially banking on the fact that most of the leading economic indicators are trending a bit more positive. They may feel that people will iincreasingly think it's OK to "sign up" for a monthly credit card hit when things are looking a bit economically brighter. And while that may be statistically true, I'm not sure vast swathes of people "feel" that way yet.

Interesting times, indeed.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]