APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Discuss. :-)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mathieu Ghekiere
Re: Discuss. :-)
on May 6, 2013 at 8:00:01 am

No doubt Adobe is doing a lot of great things.
That being said, hearing that the 'current version of Premiere is a bit rough, but the next one will be great' is something I've been hearing since CS4.

But, don't get me wrong, I love how much work Adobe is putting in Premiere, and of course they are a very strong player being that they have a complete mature suite.

That being said, on the editing front, I think both with old FCP and FCPX, Apple has shown that it dares to think forward, try different things, and although they had a terrible launch (a program released without relinking function? without XML? without the ability to export only a range from the timeline? ugh. they deserved a lot of that early criticism) they also have shown that they are still very much in tune with things that speed up the process. The way Roles work, audio components, keyword collections, ... It's all new, but I like it, and it's very powerful and fast. The way they implemented an almost stupidly easy proxy workflow where Adobe can not even hint at, is also remarkable (yes, I know improvements can be made).

I agree with you that FCPX had a rough start, and that time will tell if it will be as easy or much more difficult to win market share. But the longer I work with FCPX, 'get' the program, see the updates, the more I'm positive about it's future.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]