APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Discuss. :-)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Carsten Orlt
Re: Discuss. :-)
on May 6, 2013 at 6:00:38 am

I think you have to compare FCPx more with FCP 1-3 and not FCP 7. Same goes for Avid. Avid was pretty mature when FCP started.

Question is more if the new approach to video editing will take hold. Avid and Premiere are basically the old way of editing in an NLE. Special functionality aside neither Avid or Premiere aren't reinventing anything substantial. Just combining a few buttons calls into one. Not even the mercury engine I regard as new. It only takes modern computer power to speed up preview. If I have to wait on final output I regard this still as the traditional NLE scenario.

FCPx is a total new way to edit. After a year working with it now I'm convinced it will grow. I got Avid when it came out and I switched to FCP when it came out.
Lets see if I'll be right 3rd time :-)

But regardless I actually don't care where Avid or Premiere is going or if Apple is not as 'professional' anymore. Looking at everything Apple does I feel extremely comfortable that they keep FCPx around because even if they might stop making these big machines FCPx will work just fine on an iMac and with Thunderbolt I get all the extension I might need. Video is a big cultural part for the future and for Apple not to have a more substantial editor other than iMovie makes a lot of sense, specially if it'll work on their lower end machines.

My feeling is that more and more people will edit FCPx and finish on DaVinci or maybe Smoke.

Time will tell :-)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]