APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Honestly NOT trying to trash broadcast TV... just reporting what I see on my newsfeeds these days...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Seeman
Re: Honestly NOT trying to trash broadcast TV... just reporting what I see on my newsfeeds these days...
on May 5, 2013 at 5:10:56 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "Maybe they think 'high level' compression is a void best filled by third parties (same as tape layoff)?"

Apple has little interest in tape though since it's "dead" as far as they're concerned. In the long run it is as I don't doubt HDCAM delivery will decline even if it takes some time.

On the other hand FCPX can export to YouTube and Vimeo but can't export using High Profile which they would accept. Even recent iOS devices can handle High Profile. In other words, Apple isn't even taking advantage of the best of its own ecosystem. That's why I find this an issue.

An additional irony as that so many people who do like FCPX point out how fast they feel it is (even if it's just subjective). Yet, encoding through FCPX or Compressor still isn't all that fast and the clustering features that those who own multiple Macs would take advantage of to speed export, is not easy to implement. Granted some aspects have improved with GPU use during export but that's only one of several things they need to improve for file delivery to complement perceived or real editing speed.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]