APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Honestly NOT trying to trash broadcast TV... just reporting what I see on my newsfeeds these days...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Paul Neumann
Re: Honestly NOT trying to trash broadcast TV... just reporting what I see on my newsfeeds these days...
on May 5, 2013 at 4:35:30 am

So my kids are 10 and 12 and they do most of their video consumption through streaming on a device (phone, tablet or computer) or on-demand through the TV. They don't even ask us to record things for them anymore.

They are OS agnostic. We have MacBooks, an iPad, Android tablets, Android phones, Windows desktop, wii, PS3 and FiOS. These are all things they operate equally well and with no frustration if one doesn't work right. They just move on to the next one to get to what they want. And good for them I say. They will never sit on a 3 hour call with Tech Support trying to get a printer to work.

They seem to know that most of the crap they watch on YT is crap given its production values (I'll take all the credit here by all the amazingly, brilliant, stunning and flawlessly perfect editorial work of mine... that I FORCE them to watch :)). But the YT stuff is funny, and they don't have any money anyway so who cares?

Now one of my best clients is a family owned chain of health food stores. 90% of what I do for them is for their website. But what drives the content is...a TV show. Dr. Oz. Man, if that guy talks about it you can be sure the stores will be full of people asking for it immediately after it. So we have his program schedule in advance and get stories/interviews/how-to's ready in advance whenever we can.

And we also run spots on his show. I cut these in PPro. I export them directly to the station's FTP with custom specs (picky bastards). So, how's that? TV drives what we do on the web and our presence on the TV is more like posting on the web than ever before.

The kids are alright.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]