APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Honestly NOT trying to trash broadcast TV... just reporting what I see on my newsfeeds these days...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Honestly NOT trying to trash broadcast TV... just reporting what I see on my newsfeeds these days...
on May 5, 2013 at 2:43:10 am

[Oliver Peters] "This is true even at the local level. Many TV stations have very active and profitable websites that feature both repurposed and unique content. They also produce custom web-only content for some of their local clients. I'm freelancing at one station this month and guess what, the same folks produce the web content as do the on-air content. In this case, using Varicams, studio shoots, FCP 7, PPro and After Effects."

Many (most?) stations and networks do have what I call 'show support' content online. I was thinking more along the lines of CC Studios, which is the online original content arm of Comedy Central, or Cracked.com. Comedy Central is owned by Viacom and Cracked.com is owned by Sony. While not a traditional media conglomerate, Microsoft hired away a CBS TV exec last fall and has studio space in Santa Monica as they gear up to offer original, 1st party content on XboxLIVE.

While there is certainly more room for startups and niche players in the streaming age than in the b'cast age I don't expect the established players to roll over and die nor fade away. Also, judging by the success (and controversy) around hugely successful YT channels like Maker Studios and Machinima I expect many new media outlets to mirror the basic old media structure because it has benefits and it works.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]