APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Honestly NOT trying to trash broadcast TV... just reporting what I see on my newsfeeds these days...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Honestly NOT trying to trash broadcast TV... just reporting what I see on my newsfeeds these days...
on May 4, 2013 at 10:17:51 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "Views without monetization is like a store with high foot traffic but barely any sales. Monetization, not popularity, pays the bills."

Tell that to Psy.

Somebody figured out there would be a path between the ability to attract human eyeballs and monitization. It's not as direct as Broadcast through Neilson ratings through Ad Agnecies to Corporate Adveritising coffers, but it wasn't all that direct in the early TV era either.

I dont think Psy's hurting financially. Or Justin Bieber or any of the other modern content creators who've struck it big via early internet fame.

Sure the also leverage other media. They'd be idiots NOT to. But you can mock the "dancing cat" crowd all you like - I see EXACTLY those same clips played day after day on the Today Show - Good Morning America, and the other "traditional" broadcast outlets as much as I see them on the internet.

And they GET to network TV because they're popularized on the web.

If you can't see the value in that, you're beyond blind.

Again it happened yesterday. My wife came back from taping her local TV segment for Monday to report that once again she had a chat with this years smart and and beautiful and telegenic young intern who's been at the station through a program with the Walter Cronkite Journalism school at ASU and who is about at the end of her internship. My wife mentioned that once again, for the 3rd year in a row, that young lady is NOT looking to get into TV. She's after a career in "digital media" on the web.

For me, that's game over right there.

If traditional media is losing the contest to bait the best and brightest of our young men and women into TVs ranks, what kind of future is this industry possible building?

Honestly?

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]