APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Honestly NOT trying to trash broadcast TV... just reporting what I see on my newsfeeds these days...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Harlan
Re: Honestly NOT trying to trash broadcast TV... just reporting what I see on my newsfeeds these days...
on May 4, 2013 at 9:10:12 pm

[Bill Davis] "The competitive video world of the net is clearly a place of 1 to 5 minute "information and entertainment blocks" served up on demand. That's what that market wants. And when I need to figure out quickly how to change a tail light on my car, or want to personally hear what a thought leader said yesterday, its a system that satisfies it's audience far better than appointment viewing.

And it seems to me the more I use it, X is a pretty IDEAL tool for creating and deploying that type of modern and agilily-consumable media."

There is a market of some sort there, yes. However, to say it is clearly THE market of the net is blatantly wrong. Netflix and iTunes would certainly disagree with you, and they have the balance sheets to prove it.

If you want to say that X is the breakfast of champions for DIY makers, I can't argue, though I'm sure they could use any other NLE, as well. And since most of the world is still WIN based, I would imagine that a big portion of those DIY makers will want to use something that runs on that platform.

[Bill Davis] "And it seems to me the more I use it, X is a pretty IDEAL tool for creating and deploying that type of modern and agilily-consumable media.
"

Of course, following your own logic about expense, why aren't these folks better off with Adobe Elements or Pinnacle Studio? Sure, X has a lot more stuff, but these others get the job done just fine, and at a fraction of the cost. And, many if not most of them can stay on their native platform.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]