APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Honestly NOT trying to trash broadcast TV... just reporting what I see on my newsfeeds these days...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Aindreas Gallagher
Re: Honestly NOT trying to trash broadcast TV... just reporting what I see on my newsfeeds these days...
on May 4, 2013 at 8:55:42 pm

[Bill Davis] "and things like the Share menu's direct link to on-line deployment options.
"

thread this is - I half think the point is that Television and broadcast are terms that match with Telephone and landline.

Tv is basically factual and non-factual storytelling, news and sports? those things are no more dependent on the word TV than they are pressed paper.
the point is we have TVs. The object still determines what we expect to receive. I expect the Nine O'clock news. And match of the day. Television stations exist to service televisions. It's a pretty deep model. Society is very invested in it. We all have televisions.

well bar me - i've been off the TV license for three years. I have a polite discussion with the BBC license fee service providers about every year or so confirming I'm not receiving live broadcast. Started as an experiment moving house and stuck. plus my only option at the moment would be to put money in rupert murdoch's pocket, and well - no.

All that aside - with reference to the original quote up top - Bill, with the best will in the world, you really can overstate that sharing option. You sometimes describe it as an almost warp drive advance where my content is umbilically linked to the various online delivery platforms. It is, Bill, an encode shortcut. Part of me enjoys the notion you put forth that it represents the spear's tip for a massively modular future-scape of consensual media delivery auto-updating components ala ibooks - but mate - its not.
it's just an encode throughput. On some level I would naturally gravitate to a local encode at ProRes master to check that everything is as I think it should be - before sending out to any wide beyond.

don't get me wrong - it is cool in that it almost deliberately indicates that an encode can actually be viewed as a "publish"/ broadcast push.
I think it is a tip of the cap mindset alterer as much as anything.

http://vimeo.com/user1590967/videos http://www.ogallchoir.net promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]