APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Honestly NOT trying to trash broadcast TV... just reporting what I see on my newsfeeds these days...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Honestly NOT trying to trash broadcast TV... just reporting what I see on my newsfeeds these days...
on May 4, 2013 at 5:24:27 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Except sometimes lower budgets and YouTube isn't making money.
"

Yet.

Remember the giant red ink mess that was Amazon for it's first decade plus? Now it's a different story with revenue growth above 45% in services and 18% in products in the recent reporting quarter. Huge scale capacity build-outs in response to shifting technology seems to be one of the modern games that the serious market players feel is wise. They don't always look to make money immediately - they look for position in expanding sectors so that they can make more money over a longer timeframe as society undergoes transformative change.

All the kids who are leaving network TV today may in fact come back to become tomorrows couch potatoes (deploying the Quayle "e" for nostalgia) basking in a living room screen glow just like their parents and grandparents. Or maybe not.

Funny everyone keeps noting Game of Thrones. I watched most of the first season. Thought it was very well done. Then got distracted by life and haven't seen an episode since. I expect that I'll someday watch it in my new TV consumption mode, which is to stockpile entire seasons of quality shows via either NetFlix or iTunes subscription - then consume them as wanted while I'm doing the modern life necessarily evil tasks like tromping on my treadmill. But at some point, if I end up moving to someplace where the climate is more tuned to summer outdoor walking, maybe I'll never get around to watching them at all - opting for more real hiking and less "tube" hiking.

As always, only time will tell.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]