APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: What will Apple do with the Macintosh?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shawn Miller
Re: What will Apple do with the Macintosh?
on Apr 29, 2013 at 6:40:32 pm

[Brett Sherman] "[Dennis Radeke] "$1M a year isn't big enough for a multi-billion dollar a year company to get involved with. Extrapolate for a company the size of Apple..."

So Apple's sucess is actually a detriment? Brilliant. Allow me to be skeptical with someone who has a vested interest in Apple abandoning the pro market with no inside information.

I just don't see it this way. To me Apple's success means they don't have to worry about losing a small bit of money on the Mac Pro market."

No, I see Dennis' point. It reminds me of a course I was covering for a technology company a number of years ago. They were teaching some of their top folks how to use a tool that allowed them to do company wide OS deployment to 50,000+ seat organizations. I remember the comments of one instructor in particular; he said something to the effect of "Yeah, I know that these large scale deployments aren't all that interesting. If I was an enterprising young guy, and I wanted to make a comfortable living with minimal effort, I would subcontract these small, million(ish) dollar desktop deployment jobs, and let the big guys like (company X) do the heavy lifting for the real work."

You might be surprised at how uninterested very big companies can be in smaller sections of their business, ones that only represent a fraction of a fraction of their overall income. It isn't just Apple either... "they" are all (understandably) like that.

Shawn

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]