APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Yesterday, for the first time, just for a while, I found myself wishing I had FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Yesterday, for the first time, just for a while, I found myself wishing I had FCPX
on Apr 29, 2013 at 6:43:45 am

Just as a thought exercise, here's how I'd approach it in X.

Lay the base video into the primary. (Range select it and hit W)

If you want the whole thing, your base edit is done in one click drag and one keystroke.

Semi-colon and Command-1 to put the play head at the top of the edit and open the EB.

Skim or high speed play through the "B-roll" - and "Favorite" a few second range on a nice locked down shot of each painting (I, O and F)

Choose "Favorites" in the EB filter pane to limit the EB display to just those clips.

Then I'd play down arrow to each EB Favorite - play the base track and - and tap Q each time I wanted to insert the correct painting cutaway at the playhead location.

Other than a bit of possible trimming or positioning of the cutaways or at worst needing to freeze on a few paintings to extend their lengths I'd kinda be done.

If I decided the base track needed to be refined, I could do it before or after attaching the cutaways - in X it doesn't really matter since they always stay relative to where I put them.

A few setup tasks, then a simple Q key insert for each painting still.

Magnetism does the rest.

I honestly think X would kinda freeking fly through this.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]